Manchester Zero Carbon Advisory Group
The Manchester Zero Carbon Advisory Group was established in 2019 to ensure that Manchester's carbon reduction commitments are in line with the Paris Agreement and that the city has in place a mechanism for monitoring its progress.
The group's current membership is:
- Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research at the University of Manchester: Dr Chris Jones
- University of Manchester: Dr Joe Blakey, Lecturer
- Manchester Metropolitian University: Prof. Paul Hooper, Head of Enterprise Development
- Anthesis Consulting: Matt Rooney, Principal Consultant / Simeran Bachra, Principal Consulatant
- Manchester Friends of the Earth: Dr Ali Abbas
- Manchester Climate Change Agency: Dr Tom Flanagan, Interim Director
- Manchester Climate Change Agency: Richard Elliot, Interim Policy and Strategy Advisor
The group's most recent work was focused on supporting the review of the city's climate change targets in 2020.