Sign our Commitment to Act
Manchester has committed to play its full part in limiting the impacts of climate change. In November 2018 the city formally committed to emitting a maximum of 15 million tonnes of CO2 between 2018 and 2100 (our ‘carbon budget’), reducing our CO2 emissions by at least 13% year-on-year, and becoming a zero carbon city by 2038 at the latest.
We need all organisations, communities and groups in the city to help Manchester to meet its targets. To join those already acting:
1. Download the commitment template at the bottom of this page
2. Get it signed by your CEO, Director, Chairperson
3. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Set targets and develop your plan to achieve them
5. Deliver your plan and become a zero carbon organisation!
We'll then add you to the growing list of organisations and groups that have signed the commitment to act