Manchester Histories Festival 2022
Manchester Histories Festival will take place between the 8th and 12th June 2022.
This year’s theme is all about the environment and climate change. By exploring the past, Manchester Histories wants to inspire people to look at ways they can take action for a better future for all.
There will be key events across Greater Manchester, with communities and grassroots organisations encouraged to connect, share their ideas, and for these to be part of the festival programme. The causes and consequences of climate change on people and our ecosystems throughout history will be the thread that is carried through an exciting calendar of cultural events.
Aims of Manchester Histories Festival 2022
- To produce a festival that aligns to Manchester Histories values of Compassion, Curiosity and Justice.
- To raise awareness of the history of climate change in Greater Manchester.
- To learn from the past to help shape the future.
- To ensure we provide a festival environment that is as accessible and inclusive as possible.
- To work alongside cultural organisations, local groups, green spaces, universities, communities and with individuals to help curate and produce the festival through an open call and collective approach.
- To use creativity and cultural activity to connect people to share their stories and concerns on climate change and action.
- To re-use and re-purpose materials, assets and artistic products to reduce the carbon footprint of the festival.
- To calculate the impact of the festival using the ‘Creative Green Tools’ calculator.
- To promote the inclusive message that the festival is for everyone will be included and emphasised in all communications, social media, and marketing.
- To consider local, national and global governmental and action groups policies and pledges on climate change but focus on GM for Manchester Histories Festival 2022.
Find out how you can get inolved here