Join Manchester Climate Change Youth Partnership
Get in touch with us to apply to become a member of the Manchester Climate Change Youth Board!
In your email, please provide short answers (500 words or less) to the following two questions:
- Describe what excites you about being part of the Youth Board.
- Describe what skills / experiences / interests you would bring to the Youth Board
Please send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday 4th December 2023.
The Manchester Climate Change Youth Partnership is open to 16 – 28-year-olds in Manchester.
Membership is flexible with a range of ways to get involved, letting you choose what suits you.
Get involved with the Youth Partnership to:
Steer Climate Action in Manchester
Determine priorities for youth activity and feed into city-level decision-making.
Lead Climate Action in Manchester
Deliver projects that reduce carbon emissions, raise climate awareness or boost youth involvement in action. An opportunity to get creative!
Build a Youth Climate Movement
Keep young people informed, engaged and ensure their voices are heard by building a supportive, collaborative and active movement for Manchester’s youth.
Getting involved provides a range of benefits, including:
You make a difference!
Delivering real climate action in Manchester.
A range of formal and informal opportunities, such as Carbon Literacy training and support to develop communications skills.
A variety of opportunities to build contacts, experience and widen impact, such as:
- A direct channel to those in power in Manchester – those controlling budgets and setting policy.
- Invites to connect with other youth movements, locally, nationally and internationally.
- Invites to represent the Youth Partnership at external events and in the media.
- Use of a new collaborative workspace at Manchester Museum.
All this helps builds skills, experience and contacts which are great for your CV!