Join Manchester Climate Change Partnership
As we publish the 2022 Update of the Manchester Climate Change Framework (2020-25), the message is clear. To achieve our climate goals and mitigate the impacts of climate change, urgent action needs to be taken now and by everyone at a pace and scale not seen before.
To accelerate climate action within Manchester and beyond we are inviting organisations to join the Manchester Climate Change Partnership.
The climate crisis won't solve itself. The city needs to come together as one.
The Partnership allows business and organisations a unique opportunity to be part of Manchester’s transition to zero carbon. Alongside helping to reduce the costs and climate risks to our city and economy and helping tackle the social injustice of the climate emergency. As a member of Manchester Climate Change Partnership you can expect to benefit from serveral opportunities and resources.
For more information about the Partnership, its potential benefits and how to join please read our PARTNERSHIP MEMBER PACK.
WHY JOIN MCCP?
Since MCCP was established in 2018, working with Manchester Climate Change Agency it has:
- Developed the city’s high-level strategy for climate action, Manchester Climate Change Framework 2020-25 and its 2022 Update.
- Adopted a science-based approach, making Manchester one of the first cities in the world to commit to targets in line with the Paris Agreement and the latest science.
- Secured commitment from 70+ businesses and organisations from 10 sectors to go zero carbon.
- Established a partnership-based approach to action, where every organisation and citizen has a role to play.
- Established a Climate Change Youth Board and made its members part of the full Partnership.
- Secured over £17.5m of funding for pilots and innovation projects.
Together with setting the city’s targets, strategy and helping delivery…
The Partnership allows business and organisations a unique opportunity to be part of Manchester’s transition to zero carbon. Alongside helping to reduce the costs and climate risks to our city and economy and helping tackle the social injustice of the climate emergency. As a member of Manchester Climate Change Partnership you can expect to benefit from the following opportunities and resources:
Peer-to-peer learning Programme – helping members to accelerate the decarbonisation of their organisations and the city by working together. Showcasing your own best practice and accelerating individual and shared actions through learning.
City challenge task and finish groups - leveraging expertise from stakeholders across the city to co-design solutions to tackle climate challenges at city scale, reaching beyond organisational control and agency.
Quarterly meetings – hearing form other partners, including updates on key policies in the city, networking with other members and having the opportunity to showcase your own projects and examples of best practice.
Advisory Groups - Academic and technical experts to providing independent and practical advice to the city and monitoring progress against the targets and objectives in the Framework.
If you have any questions plese contact email@example.com