Manchester Zero Carbon Advisory Group
The Manchester Zero Carbon Advisory Group was established in 2019 to ensure that Manchester's carbon reduction commitments are in line with the Paris Agreement and that the city has in place a mechanism for monitoring its progress.
The group's current membership is:
- Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research at the University of Manchester: Dr Chris Jones
- University of Manchester: Dr Joe Blakey, Lecturer
- CDP: Simeran Bachra, UK Cities Manager
- Anthesis Consulting: Matt Rooney, Principal Consultant
- Manchester Friends of the Earth: Dr Ali Abbas
- Manchester Climate Change Agency: Jonny Sadler, Programme Director
The group is currently focused on supporting the review of the city's climate change targets in 2020.